There are both OEM iPhone LCD screen (including refurbished iphone LCD) and China Copy screens in the market. The latter type of display mainly manufactured by five full-fledged LCD panel vendors which are JDF, Tianma, Auo, Century and LT. Let’s have a look at the two different replacement LCD (JDF and LT) screens from the aspect of Appearance and Function after our stress testing.
1) Size, Thickness and Weight
By measuring up with micrometer, we can easily find that JDF made screen is thicker than the OEM one and LT, because a plastic layer has been added on the phone glass lens. Below is the specific data with regard to the LCD assembly weight, LCD assembly thickness, home button size and cell phone front glass thickness.
|Weight of the whole screen||31.40g±0.02||35.10g±0.02||34.50g±0.02|
|Home button size||10.7mm±0.02||10.84mm±0.04||10.72mm±0.04|
|Thickness of the whole screen||2mm±0.02||2.39mm±0.04||2.37mm±0.04|
|Thickness of the glass lens||0.8mm±0.04||0.67mm±0.04
(plastic layer 0.19)
2) Flex Cable
OEM, JDF and LT LCD display and digitizer touch screen flex cables are different in length and textures.
OEM JDF LT
3) LCD’s Appearance
When you lean it at 15 degree, you’ll see digitizer touch screen textures both on the LT and JDF LCDs.
OEM: None JDF: Strip LT: diagonal lines and light spot.
OEM JDF LT
Compared with OEM LCD screen, both JDF and LT screens use G+G touch screen display technology. The only difference is that JDF’s touch screen digitizer stick together with LCD (similar to iPhone 4/4s), While the LT is coherent with outer glass lens
Below is the specification of their different manufacturing techniques.
OEM screen has the characteristics of waterproof, alcohol-proof and n-hexane-proof, while JDF and LT do not.
OEM JDF LT
* JDF and LT come with unconformable LCD supporting bezel frame.
* JFD and LT’s screen can not fit together perfectly in the installation. There is a gap between the LCD touch screen assembly and the back cover body. LT is more serious than JDF in this problem.
* For some JDF screens, if you firstly connect the LCD flex cable to logic board then try to power on the phone, the screen can not light properly ; if you start up the phone firstly then connect the flex ribbon cable, it can display normally.
Clear color difference. The LCD display colors of the JDF, LT and OEM LCD differ greatly. For LT and JDF, you can see obvious color changes from different angles. While the OEM screen always keeps the same color.
* Some JDF and LT screens have issues of back light leakage and shadow.
* Installed with the OEM Metal LCD Back Plate, some of the JDF’s screens will have large area of back light leakage in the LCD display area, because of the asymmetrical bezel frame and the LCD thickness.
4) Touch Functionality
Both JDF and LT screens have possible issues of touch insensitive and screen splash. At the aging testing, some screens will be more serious when it reaches the temperature of 35℃ above.
After a series of testings and analysis, we suggests that the new China Copy iPhone screens of iPhone 6 are unstable and can not up to our inspection standard. We will keep watching it and testing until these problems are properly improved. If you are looking for cost-effective screens, please contact us and we will tell you what we know.