Have you ever met the problem about losing your files on your phone suddenly? All the pictures, messages, contacts and files were gone. What a disaster! If your phone or motherboard is damaged, the situation would be worse. How to get back the critical loss data? There are usually 3 ways to recover the data of your phone according to the different situations.
Data recovery from dead motherboard
This approach is mainly for those phones which are seriously damaged, without iCloud backup, can not turn on, or even with deformed motherboard,
Data recovery with iCloud
This is mainly for the phones with iCloud backup.
Data recovery with software
This approach is for the phone in good conditions, but data is deleted carelessly.
We will introduce how to recover data from your dead phone even dead motherboard today.
1. Detach the motherboard from the phone
2. Detach the A8 CPU, EEPROM and NAND Flash from the dead motherboard. Please deal with these 3 chips carefully, because the well-performed 3 chips are a must of success data recovery.
3. Clean the detached 3 chips with rosin, BGA paste flux, PCB cleaner, solder iron and razor blade.
4. BGA reballing
5. Detach the A8 CPU, NAND Flash, EEPROM from the new motherboard
6. Install the 3 chips detached from broken motherboard to the new one
7. Install the motherboard to the phone and test if the data recovered successfully
1. There is a possible risk for the motherboard data recovery process.
2. Skilled repair techs are required for the operation.
3. The fallen pads are empty pads which do not affect the function.
4. Apple official after-sales support does not accept the phone repaired by third-party.
5. The data can not be recovered if one of these three chips (CPU, NAND Flash, EPPROM) is broken.
6. This cellphone is still calling failed until this step, because the process is just for data recovery. Further operations are needed to fix the communication function.
Soldering Iron Station
Hot Air Gun
Insulation Mat for Maintenance Platform
LCD Opening Pliers
If your data is critical, make sure you choose a reputable repair shop or firm that can properly recover data from mechanically failed or physically damaged motherboards.